Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cheeseburger Soup and Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I was all set to post my Tyler recipe today, Potato Gnocchi with Braised Swiss Chard and Pomegranate Brown Butter, but there was a problem with the pictures and I need to replate it and take some more pictures. It was a delicious dish and it deserves a great picture. Instead, I am bringing you Cheeseburger Soup and Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits (you know, Red Lobster style).

Awhile back, I saw Teresa at A Blog about Food make a cheeseburger pasta, which I thought sounded delicious! Then a couple of days later Beth at The Seventh Level of Boredom made a cheeseburger soup. I had these recipes on my mind for days and couldn't shake them. I just knew both of them were people pleasers. I was debating which one to make when my mom called and said she was making these delicious Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I knew instantly that the soup would go perfect with the biscuits and headed over to mom's with all the soup ingredients.
I was not about to miss out on the copycat version of the Red Lobster biscuit. Let's just say this recipe for the copycat biscuits was right on. The recipe made 14 biscuits. Mom and I ate 10 of them! Yes, 10!!! The soup was delicious, but the biscuits were addictive. You can find the recipe for the biscuits here, on the food network. This recipe was also in their food network magazine under the "Copy That" section. On a personal note, this is my favorite page of the magazine and I have made each of the recipes. There have been some great finds such as, copy cat Auntie Anne's soft pretzels, Pinkberry frozen yogurt, Olive Garden's salad and breadsticks, and now these delicious, fluffy, cheesy, garlicky, scrumptious and lusciously addictive Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Can you tell I'm a carb queen? Make them as a treat one day, you will not be disappointed.

I am submitting the cheeseburger soup to my friend Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sundays. This was an easy and delicious soup. It was even more delicious the next day and was happily gobbled up by all. This has become one of my favorite soups and will be made on a regular basis now. I loved that each person could customize their soup with their favorite burger topping. Ideas for toppings are: bacon(of course), tomato, chopped dill pickle or relish, red onion, and many more. I went ahead and put about a teaspoon of relish on my soup, which seemed to really brighten up the flavor of the soup. A delicious and comforting family favorite. I followed this recipe from the Recipezaar website. The recipe is packed with cheese, meat and potatoes, a total man pleaser, and anyone else for that matter! Head on over to Deb's site tomorrow to check out all the delicious soups, sammies, and salads!!


We are having our last couple days of great weather here in Kentucky. This weekend the temperatures will almost reach 70 degrees outside and then the weather is going to start turning for the winter. I raked up a huge pile of leaves the other day thinking that my toddler son would love jumping in the leaves. He had more interest in the rake than the leaves. Turns out that my daughter, Olivia, was the one who really enjoyed herself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment