Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hump Day Burgers - Mediterrean Style -


I had some ground beef and chicken breast in my fridge that had to be cooked today. I really wasn't in the mood for cooking meat or eating meat. My husband is on the road, my daughter doesn't like ground beef, and my son is allergic to it. So, I am calling these burgers "hump day" because it was just one of those days in the middle of the week where I just felt "blah" about eating. I am also calling these "hump day" burgers for Donna of My Tasty Treasures. If you have not visited her blog, here is the link http://mytastytreasures.blogspot.com/ She posts her delicious looking food with naughty humor. I always get a chuckle out of her posts.

I looked in my fridge and was bored with propects of a plain cheeseburger with everyday cheese. I found some feta cheese and olives and had a great idea..... a feta cheese salad/topping. This was really tasty and very flavorful and I think if you are a fan of feta cheese you will love this idea:

Mediterrean Style Salad:
1 block of feta cheese, crumbled
2 - 3 sundried tomatoes. chopped
5-6 kalamata olives. chopped
handful of italian-leaf parsley, chopped
olive oil - just a drizzle
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper

I mixed all these ingredients together in a bowl and tested it out on a few crackers. It was really tasty on the crackers, so I went ahead and topped my burger with it. I thought it was really tasty and unique and decided to share it. This is a great feta salad for vegetables, crackers, burgers, chicken or lamb. I love salty food, so I really enjoyed it. This recipe would easily make enough to top off four burgers with a little leftover for the cook. You could even eat this alone on some fresh bread or serve it with hummus inside a pita. I could go on, but it's time to watch American Idol and I still have to cook that blasted chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment