Sunday, January 25, 2009

Smashed Chickpea Salad....a reason to make fresh bread









Ok, so this is NOT a recipe from Stirring thePot, nor is it even a Tyler Florence recipe. But it is one of the most delicious salads that I have ever ate!! I found this recipe from another blog (Smitten Kitchen) last night. Here is the link: http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/smashed-chickpea-salad/#more-1832 It is a lot like a deconstructed hummus and it is so good that you eat it on its own. But, I am in the process of making Tyler's Whole Wheat Pullman Loaf (courtesy of Stirring the Pot) and I thought this was a great and healthy filling for some sandwiches. I am so happy with this filling.....all I can say is that you should double the recipe. It is very flavorful. I am keeping it at room temperature right now so that it is not cold when the bread is finished baking. Thank God I went crazy at the grocery store today and I have enough to make more. THANK YOU SMITTEN KITCHEN..THIS IS REALLY AWESOME AND HEALTHY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment