Friday, January 9, 2009

Cookware, Tools & Gadgets

Tyler recommends Falk Culinaire copper cookware, All Clad Metalcrafters Stainless, and Food Tools Hard Anodized. We all know copper is the best, but it certainly is expensive. I have a set of Calphalon non-anodized cookware. It works good enough for me. I have one cheap non-stick pan for eggs. I recently started making an investment in Le Creuset, but that is another topic altogether.

He also recommends high carbon stainless steel chefs knives. I have the Wusthof knife block and I have a whole set of handy things in there. He recommends Shun, Lamsonsharp Silver, and Wusthof Classic Ikon knives. He talks about the right knife for the right job (which knife for bread, fruit, cutting bone, etc). There is also a section on sharpening your knives.

Lastly, there is a page devoted to tools and gadgets and items he wants you to have at hand when you are in your "pivotal triangle". They are pretty basic items (tongs, spatulas, whisks, kitchen towels, measuring devices, etc. As well as tins, cookie sheets, food processor, steamer, bowls, pepper mill. You get the idea.

LET'S GET READY TO START COOKING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment