Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chicken Fajitas and the BEST Mexican Rice

I have been craving chicken fajitas for months now. I'm on one of those kick where I could eat them everyday for days until I get tired of it. I found this recipe for fajitas on Recipezaar and couldn't wait to try it. I have been so impressed with all my recipes from Recipezaar. I wanted to only serve the fajitas for dinner.....................................................
but I knew my husband would need a side dish with his, so I threw together this recipe for Mexican rice and couldn't believe how absolutely delicious it was!! WOW!! Please make this rice if you are into Mexican food. It is totally the best ever and even better the next day. I promise that you will love it. It is a definite keeper!!
There is a secret to making the rice. You first start by rinsing the rice off in a strainer. This removes some of the starch and keeps the rice fluffy. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!! Then you saute the rice in a skillet before adding the liquids. The rice is then baked in a covered dish for about 30 minutes. It doesn't look like anything special, but it beats any other rice I have ever tasted. I replaced the tomatoes, onion and jalopeno with a 12 oz. jar of medium salsa and it worked out perfectly. We talked about this rice for days afterwards. I will be making this rice as a side dish for all our fajitas, tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment