Monday, May 4, 2009

Chocolate Fondue and the Chocolate Fountain

My mom bought this little chocolate fountain on sale last year. She thought it would be fun for my daughter. We have tried working with it two times now and it has given us trouble each time. The first time we made a cheese fondue (the instruction booklet said the fountain would work with cheese fondue). Just yesterday, I made a chocolate fondue. This fountain is like the little engine that couldn't. It's little motor is running but it just can't pump the fondue through. We are about to part ways with it very soon! I'm wondering if anyone else has ever tried one of these? Have you had a good experience with one?

On the other hand, how can you go wrong with chocolate fondue? Does it matter to a chocolate lover when the chocolate isn't running smoothly through the fountain? Of course not!! We just scooped the chocolate out onto our plates and carried on. We had pineapples, strawberries, bananas, animal crackers, and pretzels. The bananas were my favorite!!

I think I might just purchase a regular old fondue pot. I'd love to hear everyone's comments about fondue and things to dip in fondue. Please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment