Sunday, October 11, 2009

Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze

When I visit Ohio, my girlfriends and I love going to Clementine's, a Victorian restaurant and tea room. We go there every time we have a chance. Clementine's has wonderful soups, salads, sandwiches and main courses. However, they also serve the cutest high tea in town. In the fall, they serve banana bread sandwiches. The sandwiches are thin slices of banana bread, sandwiched with fluffy cream cheese and various fresh fruits. These little banana bread sandwiches have always been a favorite of mine. I think about them every time I make banana bread at home. This recipe for Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze is inspired by Clementine's. If you ever make a visit to northern Ohio, be sure to make a trip to Clementine's. It is sure to make your heart happy!!

I just used my favorite recipe for banana bread and made a quick cream cheese glaze. The results were delicious and decadent and I will be making this again!

Cream Cheese Glaze
4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons powdered milk
6 tablespoons water
2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract

Whip all ingredients with a mixer, gradually adding the sugar to form a glaze.

Notes/Results: If you love banana bread and cream cheese, then you will love this recipe. You could easily cut the recipe for the glaze in half. Half of the glaze would cover your banana bread perfectly. However, if you are like me, you will enjoy the extra glaze. I loved to drizzle the cream cheese glaze over my slices. Being decadent like that is half of my problem :D This is not a recipe for anyone currently dieting, but I'm sure it could be lightened up. I like to serve this banana bread for breakfast, with fresh fruit, and a little extra glaze on the side. It is delicious with hot tea, iced tea, or even a diet pepsi.


Isn't it a sinful little thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment